Part-time casual; numbers of hours varies per week (must have some availability for day, evening and weekend shifts)
Fredericton Playhouse Inc., a charitable non-profit organization that manages and develops a 709-seat performance venue, has an exciting opportunity for a Ticketing Agent to join our team.
Reporting to the Ticketing Operations Manager, the Ticketing Agent is responsible for the day to day selling of tickets and maintaining a high level of customer service. Although they report to a manager, their day-to-day work is supervised by a Ticketing Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow prescribed procedures to opening and closing the box office including but not limited to: preparing cash floats, reconciling end of day reports and end of day deposits;
- Deliver accurate sales and distribution of tickets;
- Handle incoming calls and inquiries effectively and efficiently including troubleshooting for Internet customers;
- Provide prompt and courteous service in a professional manner, demonstrating a high degree of approachability;
- Maintain awareness of performances, services, promotions and events;
- Maintain a working knowledge of ticketing software and upgrades;
- Follow all internal control procedures for handling cash / credit for auditable ticket distribution and accountability;
- Communicate effectively with Front of House staff regarding box office/ticketing matters related to each performance;
- Communicate effectively with Ticketing & Administration Manager and Ticketing Supervisor; and
- Other duties as may be prescribed by the Ticketing & Admin. Manager or Ticketing Supervisor
- Proficient computer skills
- Previous money handling experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Scheduling flexibility: available for day, evening and weekend shifts
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Apply by email correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Fredericton Playhouse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.